Job description / Role
The Retail Trainer will be responsible for delivering learning interventions and programs in line with the Learning and Development strategic focus and business objectives of the company.
Full details of responsibilities are listed below:
• Carry out structured and scheduled store visits focused on maximizing performance KPIs.
• Monitor impact of training on individual and store performance.
• Assess training effectiveness by reviewing individual and store performance post attendance on training programmes.
• Trains store managers and sales colleagues to aid in achievement of sales and profit targets
• Provides quarterly reports on attendance and performance to the L&D Manager to evidence ROI
• Support the team in identifying cost reduction yet effective training solutions
• Work with retail operations team to ensure store colleagues are attending the relevant training programmes to support the growth of the business.
• Identify training needs by evaluating strengths, weaknesses and performance
• Deliver a high level of training on product knowledge, customer service and processes.
• Deliver appropriate individual and group coaching sessions to colleagues in stores
• Maintain a professional working relationship with all stakeholders, providing confidence with our internal customers, ensuring integrity and objectivity
• Work as a strategic learning partner with retail partners to establish business needs and implement the full learning cycle to address areas of concern.
Internal Business Processes
• Work as part of the L&D team, delivering and monitoring the impact of in house training
• Ensure all colleagues are inducted into the business in a structured and professional manner.
• Provide follow up coaching to colleagues, once they have attended learning programs as part of their development.
• Supports with supplier training, working closely with the products team and the L&D coordinator, ensuring relevant product training is delivered in a timely and appropriate manner.
• Supports the L&D coordinator with the quarterly and annual retail training calendar for all territories to ensure it is circulated in a timely manner.
• Work with Learning and Development Manager to develop support plans for new store openings and store refits within your territory.
• Maintain an up to date record of all learning interventions for all colleagues and stores.
• Monitor the return of investment of training on store and individual performance.
• Supports the Learning and Development team with all administrative duties.
Learning and Growth
• Support in the design and delivery of training programs.
• Understands the theory of training and learning to enhance staff performance.
• Provide a variety of learning opportunities to store colleagues including 1:2:1 coaching, classroom training, supplier training and store visits.
• Maintains up to date training records, including attendance, scores and feedback.
• • Supports the L&D Coordinator with ensuring all training materials are up to date
• Collaborates with the L&D Coordinator to schedule specified training
• At least 3 years’ experience in retail is essential
• At least 3 years’ experience in training is essential
• Formal training qualification is desirable
• Soft skills training would be beneficial
• Training experience within the GCC region would be preferred