HSE (Health / Safety / Environment) Consultant – Muscat, Oman Others
Required Skill Set
- An internationally recognized professional Health, Safety and Environmental qualification.
- Graduation- Engineering ( any discipline)
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience managing Health, Safety and Environmental issues in the Power Generation/Transmission Industry preferably in a corporate environment.
- Experience in implementing management systems such as ISO: 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Strong knowledge in power transmission / Overhead lines (OHL) – Optional
- Knowledge in ISO and OHSAS standards.
- Knowledge in works at heights and confined spaces.
- Root cause analysis (RCA)
Qualifications and Formal Training
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Health & Safety, Risk Management, with post-graduate qualification in a relevant field, and/or
- NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) in Occupational Health and Safety
- ISO/OHSAS Lead Auditor in 14001 or 18001
- Recognised certification or training in an appropriate health and safety science or discipline.
Company / Industry
- Power generation, transmission or distribution or similar industries
- Delivers and deploys HSE training, audit and Group-wide performance improvement programs to the Divisions and Local Business Units.
- Provides analysis of HSE data within area of responsibility. Reports on progress on implementation of Sustainability Objectives and key performance indicators (KPI) as required.
- Contributes to assessing emerging trends and legislation in HSE and communicates relevant information on legal requirements within area ofexpertise and geography.
- Supports constituent countries to operate in compliance with standards and respective legal obligations.
- Contributes to and/or plans and executes Health, Safety and Environment performance and Corporate Responsibility related projects.
- Develops andreports on project objectives. Manages project resources such as manpower, financials and other relevant factors.
- Coordinates reporting on HSE performance and support delivery of Group audit program.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Sevenplus years’ experience implementing and monitoring effective HSE management systems and processes in line with international best practice
- Experience in the design and delivery of tailored (bespoke) HSE training courses
- Knowledge of best practice HSE risk management principles and application
- Experience in process design and continuous improvement frameworks with the ability to implement processes and systems into new or existing business models and projects
- Understanding of international and regional HSE legislative requirements, application and enforcement
- Excellent awareness of hazard identification and practical risk controls at a site level
- Knowledge of the interpretation and implementation of OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to maintain excellent relationships with clients and key stakeholders and market the client as an industry leader in the HSE field
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels and with a multi-cultural workforce
- Ability to plan and prioritise tasks to achieve outcomes within specified time constraints and to develop and promote continuous improvement, within a client-focussed culture.