DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF COST CONTROLLER
· Cost controlling department is directly responsible for the Cost Control and Inventory Control functions.
· Ensuring all recipes and food production achieve the targeted yields through effective menu costing and planning.
· Responsible for the creation &maintenance of MASTER data in NAV (Location, Store, Item, Unit, Division, item Category, Product group, Item modifier, item modifier group, Promotion…)
· Responsible for recipe costing & updating the system with recipe & selling price as per the authorization.
· Responsible to audit back-of-house functions, namely, purchasing, receiving, stores and the kitchen and to audit the day-to-day operation of all food and beverage outlets
o Purchasing-To confirm the purchase orders are made with the correct vendor, unit, unit cost, business unit & location.
o Receiving-To audit the receiving process, by confirming the right quantity, quality, brand& temperature.
o Store-To audit the store by doing the spot check of inventory, issuing process, storage conditions.
o Kitchen-To audit the various stages of production-To make sure that the standard recipe is followed, assembly order forms are filled, wastages/spoilages are recorded, no unauthorized food consumptions.
o Outlets-Spot checking of inventory, wastages/spoilages are checked every day, no unauthorized food consumption,
· To provide a pricing overview by generating reports using historical data.
· To advise management on pricing and cost changes and the impact of such changes on business performance.
· To extract data from the system and generate different reports to enhance costing decision making.
· To investigate the differences between the actual and theoretical results and report the variances to management.
· Prepare variance analysis for food & beverage and communicating / discussing with relevant parties.
· Coordinate with outlets, production and finance to sort out issues pertaining to F&B.
· Ensure that purchasing obtain up–to–date and accurate prices by comparing prices against suppliers quotations.
· Continuously study weaknesses in controls implemented and suggest for improvements.
· Organize and do stock take and monthly closing procedures
· Responsible for the accuracy of inventory counts and amounts.
· Audit monthly stock and prepare reconciliation on all stockrooms including Cutlery & Crockery
· Post actual stock results in the system and print inventory valuation report.
· Organize the yearly stock–take on all operating equipment and prepare detail loss and breakage quantities and amount.
Coordinate with IT division to sort out any issues of NAV&LS Retail
Salary AED 8,000/-per month