Our client, a leading construction company in the UAE is looking for a Storekeeper (Civil) for their office in Dubai.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES LINKED TO OBJECTIVES
· Responsible for planning, scheduling and monitoring material movements and ensure supplier adherence to quality standards, cost and delivery schedules.
· Resolve discrepancies in requisitions, purchase orders and delivery reports by contacting vendors.
· Ensure storage and preservation of materials in accordance with defined methods of classification, marking and traceability and promote Heath and Safety compliance in the ware house layout design.
· Communicate to concerned Project Managers receipt of materials in order to enable them plan for site activities.
· Consistently monitor stock status at all times and ensure there is sufficient stock and smooth flow of materials and proactively address any potential or actual shortages.
· Process requisitions and transfers on the Inventory Control System. and monitor return to vendors and damages and maintain integrity of the inventory.
· Catalogue documents such as Material Test Reports, Inspection Release Certificates and Safety Datasheet. Review all daily receipts, determine workload and give instructions to store clerks.
· Ensure traceability of project materials in accordance with Bill of Quantities. Ensure all issues are made against proper requisitions.
· Prepare reports on slow moving and non moving items and report to Purchase Officer on course of action. Prepare weekly /monthly consumption reports jointly with site representatives.
· Assist purchaser in expediting of purchased inventory.
· Initiate actions to identify and dispose all scrap material.
· Maintain filing system and review all documents for completion and accuracy.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE / TRAINING
· Graduate degree in science with a minimum experience of 3-4 years
· Certificate in materials management is preferred
Experience in computerized inventory control system.