System Assurance (SA) Consultant (Abu Dhabi) Engineering & Technical
Role:The role of Systems Assurance (SA) / RAMS (Reliability Availability Maintainability Safety) Engineer is to undertake rail related engineering and operational assessment and analysis to provide assurance that systems under review are acceptably safe and / or available for rail operational service. The assessment and analysis activities can be undertaken at any stage of a railway life cycle from conception through specification, design, manufacture, test and commissioning, operations, maintenance, modification and less frequently decommissioning.
The role therefore requires knowledge and experience of all engineering and operational aspects of railways coupled with well-developed assessment and analysis skills.
The SA / RAMS Engineer will be responsible for (not limited to):
1) Undertaking SA/RAMS analysis such as:
· Preliminary Hazard Analysis.
· Sub system Hazards Analysis.
· System Hazard Analysis.
· Operations and Support Hazard Analysis.
2) SA / RAMS Planning such as:
· Safety Management system development.
· Project Safety / RAMS plan development.
· Operational Safety / RAMS plan development.
· Safety Management System implementation.
3) Assurance Audits and Assessments such as:
· Independent Competent Person Audit / Assessment.
· Independent Safety Assessment.
· Independent Verification and Validation.
· Design Verification.
4) Detailed assessment and analysis:
· Undertaking and checking of HAZOP and HAZID studies.
· Undertaking and assessment of Qualitative and Quantitative risk assessment.
· Implementation and checking of detailed analysis including:
b. FTA / ETA.
c. Root Cause Analysis.
d. Reliability / Availability modelling.
5) RAM implementation planning such as:
· Development and review of reliability proof documentation (RAM demonstration planning).
· Development and review of reliability assurance documentation (Reliability Growth Analysis, Reliability demonstration reporting from both physical and predicted data.)
· Development and review of maintainability demonstration planning and reports.
· Development of RCM planning and implementation.
6) Operational Safety Analysis
· Assessment of operational safety across technical and operational process aspects.
· Development and review of operational plans and procedures for safety operations.
· Assessment and audit of operational compliance.
7) Incident Management Planning and Investigation such as:
· Emergency and Crisis management process development and review.
· Incident management procedure development and review.
· Incident investigations.
8) Acting as Project Manager on Projects:
9) Team Leader and Technical Team Manager
Internally this role will interface directly with the Business Delivery Manager, other members of the other SA / RAMS engineers and operators.
Externally this role will interface with clients (in the form of Rail Operators, Contractors, rail system providers, project development agencies) and rail regulators (who may also be clients).
The role requires a broad range of experience across railway operations and projects.
A minimum 10 years rail experience is required.
A minimum 6 years SA/RAMS experience is required.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate a broad knowledge across all rail engineering aspects and operations with specialist in at least one key area such as:
· Train Control / Signalling.
· Rolling Stock.
· Station equipment.
· Track infrastructure.
Candidates must have project management experience
Candidates must have team management experience
A strong level of academic and professional qualification is preferred:
· Appropriate engineering / systems degree (2:2 minimum).
· Post Grad training / Certification in SA / Risk Management (Preferred).
· Post Grad training / Certification in Project Management (Preferred).
· Chartered Engineer or equivalent or working towards.
Salary AED 35000 to 40000 per month