Our client a leading insulation manufacturing firm based in Abu Dhabi, is seeking applicants for the position of Buyer & Production planner.
Identifying, evaluating, and finalizing material sources, floating enquires, evaluating quotes, releasing purchase orders, inward logistics and ensuring supplies of Raw material, packing material, consumables etc. for continuous production as per plan. Added to the buying the executive should be able to align production planning based on the customer requirements and campaign plans.
- Identifying, evaluating, and finalizing sources for supply of Raw materials and other materials including direct and indirect material.
- Releasing purchase orders for indents made by the end users and ensure supply as per plan.
- Work closely with supply planners and align procurement plans with customer requirement.
- Make production plan and circulate as per the customer supply dates and follow up for completion as per plan.
- Work closely with stores for stock and account reconciliations with suppliers.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Research, select and purchase quality products and materials from suppliers with ethical values.
- Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate for better prices and improved lead times, ensure to adhere the spend with in budgeted volumes and values
- Process requisitions and update indenters on status of orders for supply or execution.
- Update inventory and ensure that stock levels are maintained at appropriate levels
- Arrange transport of goods and track orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Analyse market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions.
- Coordinate with supply planning team, production, quality, maintenance sales and other support functions for execution of works as per plan.
- Assess quality of stock received and escalate any discrepancies to suppliers and management.
- Plan production tasks and schedules according to customer orders.
- Develop and review production plan with team and circulate approved plan for production at shop. Monitor the execution of production plan and resolve any potential issues in a timely manner.
- Escalate complex issues for resolution and take appropriate action and implement
- Analyze back orders, current orders, and upcoming orders to prioritize, plan, and schedule the production operations
- Coordinate with supply planning and implementing engineering changes in production lines as required.
- Plan inventory management processes to avoid shortages and excesses.
- Monitor production progress and ensure that final product meets quality standards and customer specifications.
Education & Experience
- Desirable Diploma in any technical branch.
- Candidate who has been in UAE in a manufacturing line, with Diploma (Science background) and has more than 5-7 years of experience in a similar industry.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, E Access, Outlook, ERPs (e.g., JDE, SAP) Knowledge Process & products
- Should be able to join immediately.