OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
- Performs activities associated with the development, approval, implementation and maintenance of new and existing repair schemes to ensure proper repairs of products in line with company procedures. The Repair and Coating Engineer is ultimately responsible for ensuring that:
• the coating workcenter contributes to the overall business unit as efficiently as possible.
• The stripping workcenter contributes to the overall business unit as efficiently as possible.
• Lead and/or support the repair process development for new products.
- The Coating processes are thermal spray methods, primarily Atmospheric Plasma Spray (APS), and High Velocity Oxy-Fuel (HVOF). The primary product application is hot gas path components on heavy industrial Gas Turbines.
1. Ensuring required product coating systems are developed in accordance with the company’s qualification methods, and the coating equipment is running in a controlled fashion on a day-to-day basis.
2.Ensuring required product stripping systems are developed in accordance with the company’s qualification methods, and the coating equipment is running in a controlled fashion on a day-to-day basis.
3. Ensuring the availability and maximizing the uptime of the equipment for the Production department
4. Supports resolution of Non-Conformance Reports (MRB/NCR) and implementation of corrective and preventive actions
5. Initiate’s improvements toward product and process related efficiencies.
1. Creation of Process / Product specific Work Instruction documentation
2. Process parameter development for both Atmospheric Plasma Spray (APS) and High Velocity Oxy-Fuel (HVOF) coating systems.
3. Creation of component specific robot programmes
4. Laboratory evaluation and subsequent interpretation leading to programme and parameter adjustments.
5. Day to Day equipment maintenance and preventative maintenance measures for coating and stripping process.
6. The ability to manage and achieve a First Article Inspection (FAI) qualification through a dedicated approved procedure.
7. Initiate’s improvements toward product and process related efficiencies.
8. Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
9. Process parameter development for the chemical stripping system.
1. Development of 3rd Multicoat system and programming new parts and projects.
2. Revise the programs with proper fixture on 2 nd Multicoat machine.
3. Managing part in case of production and eliminate any rework or extra activity.
4. R & D to improve the coating parameter to achieve more efficiency during the production.
5. Training the operators to be able for processing in all coating machines.
6. Providing all program on 2nd machine on 3rd machine.
7. Handling the kaizen coating projects in case of improvement in production time and quality.
Education: A Mechanical or Material Engineering Degree
Additional Training/ Knowledge Robot Programming: The ability to read and apply drawings and specifications.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Thermal Spray applications, preferably with aerospace or Industrial Gas Turbine applications.
Personal Skills: Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills. Ability to work in a team. Fluent in spoken & written English. A customer-oriented attitude and sense of accountability and responsibility.