The crane mechanics is responsible for performing maintenance on the crawler crane including repairs of both mechanical and hydraulics system and using information from Workshop Manual and other hydraulic schematics.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Independently perform Maintenance and repairs on the cranes
- Perform allocated work within the timeframe given to the customers.
- Diagnose, check and set the mechanical and hydraulic systems.
- Assembly and disassembly of the crane.
- As required, attend breakdown, repairs and maintenance at customer’s premises, following appropriate routines and procedures including local law, safety instructions and regulations.
- Ensure all job cards and Filed service sheets are completed correctly.
- Understand and work according to parts ordering procedures.
- Maintain a thorough and up to date knowledge of products and attend training courses.
- Use and apply knowledge, training, technical and personal skills to carry out work allocated.
- Ensure that customer requirements and expectations are met, through the provision of quality workmanship.
- Ensure that all customer and company property, including workshop tools and equipment, are handled appropriately, exercising due care and control.
- Maintain a professional standard when discussing work with customers and colleagues.
- Comply with Health and Safety regulations and safe working practices.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness, ensuring the workshop and common areas are kept clean and are in order.
- Comply with Company policies and procedures, including the completion of documents and records.
- Understand and work in accordance with Quality policy and standards
Education and/or Experience
- Diploma/Vocational training certificate in Diesel mechanic/ Auto mechanic/Mechanical/Hydraulics
- Crane Mechanics or equivalent qualification
- Experience repairing and maintaining Liebherr crane will be added advantage.
- Knowledge in Hydraulic Schematics.