Our client a leading food manufacturing industry (flour, bulgur, and animal feed) is looking to hire a Food Safety Controller for their factory in Erbil, Iraq.
The primary role of this position is to manage the QA/QC-Food Safety program. This includes maintaining documentation regarding HACCP, GMP, SOP, and employee training. This position will oversee the management of the QA/QC-Food Safety department and staff, and will develop, implement, and monitor company policies and procedures as related to Food Safety, Food Security, and Quality Assurance programs. Coordinates and follows up on activities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Function as a high-level, strategic decision-maker within the organization. Help direct and grow the company.
- Ensure that the QA/QC-Food Safety team is producing work that is of the highest quality while ensuring maximum profitability, productivity, and efficiency.
- Inspire people, led by example, and create a culture of high performance by providing ongoing and actionable performance-based feedback. Ensure that appropriate direction is established and maintained for all.
- Interact with cross-functional teams to ensure Safety, Quality, Cost, and Delivery.
- Actively support the vision, culture, core values, ethics, and goals of the company.
- Some duties include but not limited to product sampling and testing, and development of standardized procedures to successfully meet customer specifications and regulatory standards.
- This position also must oversee, and coordinate 3rd party audits, leads investigations of quality concerns and complaints, and collaborate with both farming and manufacturing departments.
- Evaluate and improve QA/QC processes.
- Define QA/QC policies.
- Develop QA/QC budgets.
- Develop, maintain, and revise updates of all Quality and Food Safety SOPs.
- Lead the food safety, quality assurance, and sanitation program.
- Develop, implement, and maintain documentation and procedures pertaining to food safety and quality assurance.
- Conduct internal audits.
- Implement, maintain, and document employee training procedures.
- Trend analysis, root cause analysis, corrective actions, and preventative actions.
- Maintain HACCP program, pest control program and conduct crisis management and mock recalls.
- Supervise daily sanitation of equipment and facility.
- Record traceability of all outgoing product.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree from a four-year college or university, preferably in Food Science and Technology (M.S. preferred); and 5 years up to and including 7 years of food product or process development or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.