Our client a leading food manufacturing industry is looking to hire a Production manager (animal feed) for their manufacturing unit in Erbil, Iraq.
- Responsible for the day to day running of the production facility, organization of personnel and the manufacture of required tonnages.
- Responsible for the achievement of agreed budget
- Develop a site structure which enables the production and delivery of feed of consistently satisfactory quality and the requirements of health and safety and environmental legislation/policy to be met at minimum cost
- Improve leadership, team building and empowerment skills of individual managers
- Continued compliance with Health and Safety and Environmental Law and Policy
- Demonstrate leadership and motivation together with the creation of a team that readily accepts responsibility and ownership
- Communicate with stakeholders and ensure customer expectations are met.
- Maximize finished product quality standards and consistency
- Maintain hygiene standards and the implementations of all procedures.
- Ensure an adequate maintenance program is devised and implemented.
- Manage the distribution of assets and team to ensure performance target and budgets are met.
- Manage the site stock control and variances
Skills & Experience
- At least 7 years in manufacturing environments or supply chain management role.
- At least two years with accountability in middle management role
- Good training and presentation skills
- Effective team leadership
- H&S responsibilities
- A degree or equivalent preferred
- Ambition to excel and for career progression will be an asset.
- Report generation and data interpretation
- Budget management
Ideally candidates will have experience in high value, precision manufacture to food industry standards and above.